Thursday, April 19, 2007

Progressives Like Road Apples

Just for fun.

I don't think it's a secret that, well, I'm somewhat neo-conservative-libertarian-etc. It isn't that it's terribly important, but I wouldn't want anyone to think I was so incredibly naïve as to think law, order, & justice are somehow dispensed in a non-partisan fashion. Whether one wants to acknowledge it or not, law & order comes in distinctly republican, democrat(ic), and even libertarian flavors. Maybe it shouldn't, but it does… but c'mon, partisan math??

Remember the post concerning political correctness and Indoctrinate U? In the video trailer a young lady relates her surprise at discovering the political dimensions of say… biochemistry. I know, the point should be easy.

If we take a vote from a population of 9, and regardless of what we are voting on, a 5:4 vote is a simple majority. Now if it was 7:2 majority, one might be inclined to say it was decisive. OK… yes, I'm talking about the Supreme Court. It seems there are an awful lot of 5:4 decisions, and I would agree with CNN's characterization of the court as "sharply divided" concerning a recent decision on the so called "partial birth abortions," or as doctors like to call it "intact dilation and evacuation" (IDX). Five votes to four – yeah, I'd call that sharply divided.

In Farts and Greenhouse Gases I may have been a little snarky concerning some of the reporting, but I didn't mention much about the fact that several news outlets characterized the Supreme Court's decision in this case as being "a stinging defeat for the Bush administration," or as CNN stated, the court "left no doubt that it finds the Bush administration's response to global warming inadequate."

Hey, Yahoos! It's a sharply divided court again you learning impaired, three sandwich eating (no wait, I'm the three sandwich eater)… remember the 5:4 descriptor CNN? Houston Chronicle, and the rest…

ahhh, never mind, this is just a bunch of horse, ummm, pooh-pooh. Guess that might sound a little snarky (yet another new word this old fart learned online), and it was supposed to sound a little snarky… I was feeding the progressives ;-)